I’ve heard some seriously fascinating stories of coincidence. People tell about crazy things that happen in their lives, where the unexpected takes them by surprise. Stories that range from – ‘Guess who I ran into today at the mall?’ all the way to – ‘You are never, ever going to believe what happened!!’ Are these stories just random coincidences that don’t mean anything? Or is there a master plan in place and we just don’t see behind the scenes to understand what’s really going on?
Coincidence – [koh-in-si-duh ns] “Dictionary” .com
coinciding. Synonyms – accident, luck, fate.
I like the #1 dictionary definition the best, but I’m not sure I like the sentence that is used for the example. The sentence means ‘we met in Venice by accident, luck or fate’. That example means that two or more striking occurrences or events, appear to happen by mere chance. I think there’s more to it. I’m having some fun thinking about this topic, because I don’t have all the answers. I just got to thinking one day that I know so many stories of things that have happened to myself or my friends that seem like a fun coincidence.
That’s what started me wondering, maybe there’s more to it. Maybe there’s more than meets the eye. Our lives are created by God and He guides our steps. Therefore, nothing happens by chance. When we ‘run into someone’, it’s an opportunity. But an opportunity for what..? I believe that God uses us, that we’re very important, and that where we go, what we do and who we are is important. We’re here to make a difference. Don’t you ever think that you’re invisible and not impacting others around you.
So here are my questions:
1. Why did that chance meeting happen?
2. What’s going on behind the scenes that seems to make some of our life events more important than we might think?
3. Do our coincidences, that seem insignificant, happen just for our amusement; just so we can tell a good story at a party?
4. How did all worlds collide in a way that makes an event happen that we didn’t even plan?
5. How were we able to actually piece the puzzle together so that we understand that there’s no way that the situation would have been possible to duplicate intentionally?
Well…..I’ve got some stories to share with you over the next few weeks, that will blow your mind. Then, I’d like you to tell me a coincidence story that happened in your life. After you’ve read a few of my stories, that are all true, I want you to tell me…coincidence?, random chance meeting?, accident, luck or fate?,…maybe? or maybe not !